IB Mathematics: Applications and interpretation SL
- IB Mathematics, Mathematics
- 6230 (Registered)
Applications and Interpretation: Course description
- Mathematics: applications and interpretation will develop mathematical thinking, often in the context of a practical problem and using technology to justify conjectures.
- This course recognizes the increasing role that mathematics and technology play in a diverse range of fields in a data-rich world.
- It emphasizes the meaning of mathematics in context by focusing on topics that are often used as applications or in mathematical modeling. To give this understanding a firm base, this course also includes topics that are traditionally part of a pre-university mathematics course such as calculus and statistics.
- The course makes extensive use of technology to allow students to explore and construct mathematical models.
- Applications and interpretation is a course aiming to address the needs of students who enjoy seeing mathematics used in real-world contexts and to solve real-world problems.
- Applications and interpretation at HL is a course aiming to address the needs of students with a strong mathematical background, who get pleasure and satisfaction when exploring challenging problems, and who are comfortable undertaking this exploration using technology. The course gives great emphasis on modeling, statistics, and graph theory.
- Applications and interpretation at SL is a course aiming to address the needs of students who are weak in math and do not wish to undertake math after high school. The course gives a great emphasis on technology to solve practical problems
Total learning: 39 lessons Time: 60 weeks
Number and Algebra
Geometry and Trigonometry
Probability and Statistics
- Collection of data and sampling
- Presentation of data
- Measures of central tendency and dispersion
- Linear correlation of bivariate data
- Probability and expected outcomes
- Probability calculations
- Discrete random variables
- The binomial distribution
- The normal distribution and curve
- Further linear regression
- Hypothesis testing
- Grade 10 level math
- Internet Connection
- a smart interactive textbook
- 14 hours on-demand video
- assessment support
- downloadable resources
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- IB Diploma/A level/AP students
Progress at your own speed! The easy step-to-step lectures will quickly guide you through everything you'll need to know about IB mathematics: Applications and interpretation SL
In Alphy School teachers teaches math and problem-solving. You’ll learn how to think like a scientist, how to tackle the real world problems, and how to convert thought into action.
9/10—Critical thinkers will love learning from David, an entertaining yet informative teacher who is “all about helping you make better decisions for yourself!
Yes. If you cancel within 14 days of purchase, Alphy School will issue you a full refund.
Yes. If you are looking to sharpen your critical thinking and problem-solving skills, this Alphy School is worth it.
David Vundi is a teacher of mathematics and Physics at Alphy School. He has been teaching IB DP, AP, and IGCSE Math and Physics courses as a classroom teacher and online educator for 25 years.